Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Finished Blankets

I would like to say, I got all these blanket done as I planned to do in my last post. I also have started looming again and designing for the other blog Looming Exclusives Designs. I still have a few hat patterns to finish writing for that blog. I am hoping to get them out by the end of the month. Anyways I wanted share a little bit on how I made these Afghans that I call Blankets. I did not design theses patterns. I only started crocheting on May of 2014 and I still consider myself a beginner crocheter. I stick with what I know how do most of the time. There are some days where I feel like I need a crochet lesson and I go on Youtube, learn something new, and try to copy it from memory. I am still amazed that I can start the 2nd start pattern below without a pattern or the video.


This Lion Brand Hometown USA Corner to corner blanket was made the colors Minneapolis Purple and Neon Pink with a 10mm crochet hook. I started out with 5 row of  Minneapolis Purple, Then did 5 rows of neon pink and continue this pattern until it was how big I wanted it to be. Then I started to decrease it in the middle row of the neon pink. I continue to decreased the blanket and somehow I ended up with 4 rows on the last corner. I was happy this blanket was done because this one took me over a 1 and 1/2 years to complete and will enjoy it for a life time.

This Rainbow (Super}Star Blanket was made with Red Heart Super Saver yarn in the colors Red Hot, Pumpkin, Bright Yellow, Spring Green, Light Periwinkle, Medium Purple, and the border is Zebra. I used a 5mm crochet hook and did 3 rows of each color twice and then did a half double crochet for the border in the Zebra color. 

This Pink Spotted Star Blanket was made with Premier Yarns in the baby yarn. I don't remember the colors names. I did 3 rows of the pink color, 2 rows of the speckled color, 3 rows of the pink color, 2 rows of the speckled color, 3 rows of the pink color, 2 rows of the speckled color, 3 rows of the pink color, 6 rows of the speckled color, and fininshed off with single crochet in in the pink color yarn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate